- July 27, 2018
- Puneet Kaushal
E-commerce has minimized the need to put resources into a tangible area such as stores and warehouses. With an effective e-commerce strategy, you can sell almost anything online whether it is large furniture or a piece of paper. Many online directories have allowed e-commerce professionals to connect with various online resellers and sell products on their website. This practice known as affiliate marketing has gained much hype over the time. Many are considering taking up as e-commerce as their full-time profession. Many housewives, retired personnel, and even students have already started earning amazing dollars with a few clicks on their laptops. You can also start an e-commerce business and earn money when you are doing nothing or sleeping. Sounds amazing, right? So, let us learn and explore why E-commerce and how to e-commerce. After reading this blog I am sure you will feel no less than Steve Jobs or Bill Gates.
What Is E-Commerce – Let Us the Touch the Basics First
Let us keep it simple. E-commerce is anything that is transacted online. It is as simple as it sounds. Whenever you buy anything online like from the amazing Amazon you become a part of e-commerce. Amazon is a great example of a successful e-commerce business. You look at the things that you want to buy at Amazon’s website and place an order. The reseller connected with Amazon supplied the order to you and Amazon ensures that you face no difficulty in getting or replacing the product. Amazon, in short, connects you to resellers sitting far away from you. I hope this cleared what e-commerce is all about. Now, the question arises how to start an e-commerce business?
You need a brain more than money to start an e-commerce business.
Many e-commerce businesses have started with a very low investment. In fact, some of the startups have started the business from their garage with only a few products in the inventory. In this initial stage, e-commerce entrepreneurs get to know more about their products, get the valuable customer feedback and also learn the pros and cons of the online business. You need not be the next Amazon or any other famous portal to sell your product and get nice profits. All you need to do is to serve high-quality product, an exciting audience with a niche market and great customer experience. That’s it and of course, a website that works.
Why to e-commerce when you can start your own local business? Many of you might be thinking as for why you should start an e-commerce business rather than opening your own local store or office? As stated above, e-commerce connects you with the world. Starting an e-commerce business you can expect to maximize your earning by reaching to people located in different countries. It is the time to globalize so why to localize. Anyway, here are some of the reasons why you should go for e-commerce:
Advantages of E-Commerce business
Alongside the capacity to save money on overhead costs, you can set up and running your e-commerce business in just a couple of days. Trust me; it’s significantly less challenging to set up a website than it is to open a shop.
Another advantage is that you have full control over every item. For instance, you can customize the packaging of the product to incorporate a handwritten note for a personalized feel.
To be more precise, here are some of the notable advantaged of e-commerce business:
1. Quick transactions: With e-commerce business, you can expect to witness a sudden surge in the sale. Depending on the speed of the internet you can quickly strike deal with customers.
2. Easy to locate products and services: E-commerce relies on the internet for its working and the internet. There are already many products and services transacted online. You can connect with various service providers and increase the scope of your business.
3. Saves Time: E-commerce, as compared to traditional businesses, requires less time to promote and market services. The result of marketing is in fact spontaneous. You can expect to receive calls from clients within a few minutes of launching a digital marketing campaign.
4. Minimum space requirement: To run an e-commerce business you don’t need large space. All you need is a space for your workforce. In case you have a virtual office you absolutely don’t need any space as all your employees will be working from their respective homes.
5. Wider exposure: E-commerce is a global business. You can transact across the world on the internet. This is one of the best exposures that any business can expect to have. E-commerce doesn’t restrict you to your local area. Wider exposure would again means wider profits.
6. Wider options: An e-commerce has more options to avail when it comes to marketing, approaching customers and more.
Obstacles you may find setting up an e-commerce business:
In case you plan to become a dealer or retailer of physical commodities laptops, grocery, clothing and more you may have to set a strategy for delivering or shipping the product to the respective customers. Another factor that may discourage you to open an e-commerce business is difficulty in tracking the transactions. Many e-commerce businesses have complained of facing difficulties in maintaining a track on daily transactions on your own. You may have to hire someone to keep a track for the same. Many businesses hire virtual assistants you may also consider hiring one. VHS is an upcoming virtual help service provider. The company provides a range of online services. There are many such companies working online that can help you achieve your target.
To conclude: E-commerce is a fast-growing business. Its scope is promising. If you want to keep up with the latest trends in the market it is vital for you to be a part of globalization and cherish the rewards.
Puneet Kaushal is a young entrepreneur. He has studied MBA in retail marketing. He is one enthusiast looking for opportunities to learn, grow and excel in everything that is business.